One thing we all already know is that Cards Against Humanity is undoubtedly one of the most favourite & beloved games of people.
What makes it even more wonderful, is the fact that it can also be played as a drinking game, and it can be played with only 2 or 3 players as well, even though these card games are designed for 4 and more players.
Yes we love the game, but we also agree that it wouldn’t be as much fun if there only existed the main game. After playing for a while, even if it’s fun and all, we would get bored. We know you would.
That’s why the manufacturers choose the ‘problem’ for the fans. Besides the editions, there are also lots of expansions and packs.
For the best games, and for endless fun, check the amazing DuoCards Shop.
Now, you may struggle here a bit. What’s the difference between the expansions, the themed packs, the editions…Your mind’s troubleshooting right now, I know, I know.
Well, an expansion is a number of cards meant to be added to the main game, while a themed pack is also meant to mix with the core game, but it has a specific theme. They usually have a smaller number of cards than expansions. Besides these, there also exist the series, stand alone expansions, and lots of other card games terms.
In this article, we’ll show you our favourite expansions and themed packs. First, we suggest you follow our buying guide:
- How many cards do you want? If you want just a few cards to refresh the game a bit, with any specific theme, get yourself a themed pack. If you want a bigger amount of cards, an expansion is the one.
- Buy an expansion with an appropriate theme for you. Don’t pick a theme you have no clue on. Buy something you’re informed about. Someone born in 2001 can’t feel the 90s nostalgia pack. Nonsense.
- Do you have the old versions? You’ll see later that some expansions were just updated. They existed earlier, but they thought that some cards should be removed, and some others should be added. We tried to compare the 2 versions, and you’ll see if the new version is worth it. As you will find yourself wasting money for the same thing.
- If still in doubt, do some extra research. If you feel that you need more information, you can find comments and reviews for every game in lots of platforms.(Including online shops, forums, social media, etc.)
- Check the cards’ content. If you’re a sensitive person (or any of your friends is), maybe you should pay attention to the content. Some of the cards can be really offensive for certain people.
Editor’s Top 5 Favourite Picks
The Best Cards Against Expansion: Absurd Box
“It’s hard to choose the funniest, but I’m sure you’ll agree if you play this game.”
The Most Special Box: Glow In The Dark
“Who doesn’t love things that shine? I don’t know who doesn’t. We do.”
The Best Dirty Expansion: Everything Box
“How can a question be that dirty? Well, you never know…”
The Girls’ Favourite: Period Pack
“The special pack for girls. The only thing that makes period fun.”
The Most Artistic One: Theatre Pack
“What do you people drink that you have this creativity? Hilarious cards!”
Best Cards Against Humanity Expansions
Based on our research & experience, the best Cards Against Humanity expansion is the Absurd Box, continuing further with the Everything Box.
Find the table below:
|Game||Glow in the dark||Everything Box||Red Box||Blue Box||Green Box||Absurd Box||Nerd Bundle|
|Number of cards||300||300||300||300||300||300||192|
|Specialty||The box glows in the dark||Different topics||Includes the 1st, 2d & 3d expansion||The 4th, 5th & 6th expansion||People’s favourite color box||The weirdest box||A 6-in-1 pack|
1. Glow In The Dark Box – $20.00
- 300 cards;
- An expansion of the Family Edition;
- Ages 8+ or older;
- Glows in the dark;
- Some cards are written by kids.
Not accidentally we started with this game. Family is the most important thing. That’s why we chose an expansion that is appropriate for family nights and is kid-friendly.
We think that is such a reasonable price considering a large number of cards.
It doesn’t really have inappropriate cards, but of course, you have to be open and free with your kids, because there are some little jokes that may make you blush.
Here’s the back of the box, and you’ll also see 4 examples of the cards:
What we adore about the game, is that some cards are written by innocent lovely kids. Check out the cards list: Glow In The Dark Spreadsheet.
2. The Everything Box – $20.00
- 300 cards( 49 black cards, 251 white cards);
- Ages 17+;
- For 4+ players;
- Contains everything!
It is called Everything Box because you can’t imagine what it includes. Lots of cards, lots of topics, lots of fun.
We really recommend you play this with people you know well and you know are not very sensitive, because there’s a lot of adult content. You don’t want to be embarrassed, do ya?
The designer must have been really hungry while making the box. Look at that doughnut. It looks healthy tho’.
It can also be played as a stand alone, but it is really recommended to mix with the core game. 300 cards are enough, what do you think?
We know you love to create a first impression before buying the game. Here’s the card list for you: The Everything Box Spreadsheet
3. The Absurd Box – $20.00
- 300 weirds & hilarious cards;
- 255 white cards, 45 black;
- Requires the core game;
- First released in 2018;
- Version 1.2.
This is one of the newest updates, currently at version 1.2.
The new version has a very colorful box, while the old version had a box that looked like it ran out of colors. Just like an old TV screen lol.
You should be really clever and funny to play this expansion. A sense of humour is really required, trust us!
Of course it is an expansion, but it can also be played as a stand-alone game, even though you can’t fully enjoy it because there are just 300 cards.
This is definitely a weirder version than the main game. Take a quick look at the changes from the older version:
Cards Against Humanity Absurd Box Card List
(New white cards)
- JFK’s smiling, exploding head.
- Traditional gender roles.
- My biological father.
- Masturbating to ISIS beheading videos.
(Removed white cards)
- All manners of horrors.
- Hiding from border patrol.
- My real dad.
- Outdated gender norms.
(New black cards)
- I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills like ______.
- That was worst sex I ever had. It was like twenty minutes of ______.
- This ain’t no rodeo, kid. Mama knows her way around ______.
(Removed black cards)
- Goldfinger! He’s the man, the man with ______.
- Here’s a little something I learned in business school: The customer is always ______.
- I was so drunk I ______.
4. The Red Box – $20.00
The Color Name Box has the same details, so we are not repeating information all over the boxes as we putting here once, Here are some overall information the same details goes for other color boxes.
- 300-card expansions;
- The color has nothing to do with the content;
- All three are better to add to the main game;
- Go well mixing with each other;
- Updated versions;
- Ages 17+.
I started with the color of love. Romantic, isn’t it?
Well to be honest, the old version was a not so red Box. The new box is waaay prettier. It is shinier, blacker, and lets us know that it really is a red box.
This expansion contains the 1st, 2d and 3d expansions of Cards Against Humanity.
It definitely adds more fun to the core game, but there’s nothing wrong with playing this as a stand alone expansion, but not for a long time. 300 cards are not the most perfect card number if there are a considerable number of players.
Except for the boxes, these two versions also have some changes in the content. Here’s a short list of the removed and added cards:
Red Box Card List
(Removed White Cards)
- A slightly shittier parallel universe.
- A sweet spaceship.
- Flying robots that kill people.
- Syphilitic insanity.
- Bosnian chicken farmers.
- Loki, the trickster god.
- Nunchuck moves.
- Putting an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich into the VCR.
- Ryan Gosling riding in on a white horse.
- Savagely beating a mascot.
- The black Power Ranger.
- The new Radiohead album.
- Weapons-grade plutonium.
- 24-hour media coverage.
- Dining with cardboard cutouts of the cast of Friends.
- Dorito breath.
- Fetal alcohol syndrome.
- Fuck Mountain.
- Insatiable bloodlust.
- Jumping out at people.
- Subduing a grizzly bear and making her your wife.
- Words, words, words.
- A surprising amount of hair.
- Moral ambiguity.
(Added white cards)
- Wearing sweatpants to showcase the penis.
- Burning in hell.
- Winning first place at the Tallahassee Pig Fucking Tournament.
- Being useless.
- A real sad guy.
- A special kind of yogurt called “cum.”
- Being a danger to myself and others.
- Your dad, who says “hi.”
- A drone strike.
- Cumming deep and hard inside of a Cobb salad.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Grandma shakin’ her ass.
- Cheap immigrant labor.
- Exchanging sex for career advancement.
- My puffy clit.
- Getting older and uglier.
- An active shooter.
- Yodeling into a pregnant woman’s vagina.
(Removed Black Cards)
- ______: Hours of fun. Easy to use. Perfect for ______!
- Dear Sir or Madam, We regret to inform you that the Office of ______ has denied your request for ______.
- In a pinch, ______ can be a suitable substitute for ______.
- In Rome, there are whisperings that the Vatican has a secret room devoted to ______.
- What’s harshing my mellow, man?
(Added Black Cards)
- When the dog bites When the bee stings When I’m feeling sad I simply remember ______ And then I don’t feel so bad.
- In Irish culture, mourners express their grief through a traditional practice of ______.
- What makes me cry every time?
- ______ is back! Only at McDonald’s.
- What makes Grandma feel young again?
I heard you were planning to play this game with your kids. Think again…
5. The Blue Box – $20.00
Yes. You guessed it. Another color is named box.
It has the same characteristics, and the two versions have the same differences as the Red Box.
The Blue Box contains the 4th, 5th and 6th expansion of Cards Against Humanity.
Here are the removed and the new white cards:
Blue Box Card List Updated
(new white cards)
- • Mediocrity.
- • Potato.
- • A lil’ stupid ass bitch.
- • Storing a bunch of acorns in my pussy.
- • Getting down to business to defeat the Huns.
- • The right amount of cocaine.
(removed white cards)
- Important news about Taylor Swift.
- A chimpanzee in sunglasses fucking my wife.
- Some sort of Asian.
- AIDS monkeys.
- Being John Malkovich.
- Finally finishing off the Indians.
6. The Green Box – $20.00
Last but not least(drumrolls…) the green box!
This expansion has 245 white cards and 55 black ones.
The cards are very funny, and few of them are really dirty as well. You already know that you can’t play it with random people. Choose your company!
This is how the back of the box looks:
The update is the same, just as the Red and Blue box. This new version has a better box and is greener of course.
Here are the card changes between the two versions:
Green Box Card List
(Added white cards)
- Being very rich and incredibly stupid.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- The white man.
- Brett Kavanaugh.
- Thick sluts.
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Shitting on my tits.
- A dildo signed by Jimmy Carter.
- Body image issues.
- Being pleasured by a thousand tiny Adam Sandlers.
- A groundbreaking new masturbation technique.
- The Joe Rogan Experience.
- Getting laid like all the time.
(Removed white cards)
- The LGBT community.
- A slowly encroaching circle of wolves.
- A X-Man whose power is that he has sex with dogs and children.
- Being sexually attracted to children.
- Falling into a pit of waffles.
- The mysterious fog rolling into town.
- A negative body image that is totally justified.
- Getting this party started!
- How sad it will be when Morgan Freeman dies.
- Rolling so hard.
- Taking the form of a falcon.
- Showering praise upon the Sultan’s hideous daughters.
- Making out and stuff.
- Condoleezza Rice.
(Added black cards)
- Awww shit! ______ in da house!
- I just took a DNA test. Turns out I’m 100% ______.
(Removed black cards)
- ______ be all like ______.
- What’s a total waste of Hillary Clinton’s time?
7. The Nerd Bundle – $20.00
- Contains 6 packs;
- 192 Cards;
- Fantasy, Sci-Fi, WWW, Geek, A.I., Human.
- 10 more extra cards for you nerds;
- Requires the main game.
Why buy 6 packs when you can buy a 6-in-1 Nerd Bundle? This is for people who are ‘addicted’ to science and fantasy stuff.
This is one of the most existing boxes so far. Now, you may assume that this is an educational game, that could also be good for your kids.
No, don’t you think these are just some innocent science questions. Definitely not. The content is really adult-friendly, and sometimes too dark.
Here’s the box from other points of view:
It’s time for the amazing & hilarious themed packs. As we mentioned earlier, these packs have a specific theme and are recommended only for those who are ‘fans’ of that thing.
|Game||Picture Pack 1||Picture Pack 2||90s Nostalgia||2000s Nostalgia||Dad Pack||Period Pack||Theatre Pack|
|Theme||Different pictures||Different pictures||The 90s||The 2000s||Fatherhood||Periods||Theatre|
|Number of cards||30||30||30||30||30||30||30|
1. Picture Pack 1 – $5.00
These are the details for both packs because they are the same. It would be nonsense repeating the same things twice, wouldn’t it?
- 30 new cards;
- 18 white cards and 12 black ones;
- Pictures on the cards;
- Ages 17+;
- Similar to What Do You Meme?;
- Meant to mix with the core game.
Don’t be confused. Don’t let these pictures confuse you. It’s the same game, the same rules.
The Picture Card Pack 1 contains 30 photos, 18 of which are white and 12 are black.
It’s obvious that you have to mix it with the main game (or even with other expansions), because it’s impossible to play a game with only 30 cards.
Check out the cards:
2. Picture Pack 2 – $5.00
Just as the first Picture Pack, this one is another themed pack, a special pack of Cards Against Humanity.
Every card has a picture, and sometimes some words on it. If you mix these two picture packs, you’ll have lots of funny pictures and captions.
This is how the Picture Card Pack 2’s cards look:
3. 90s Nostalgia Pack – $5.00
- 30 Cards;
- 23 White & 7 Black Cards;
- Themed Packs;
- A price of $5;
- 90s & 2000s kids.
Where are my 90s kids at? This pack will definitely get you nostalgic.
With 30 cards, you’ll get to remember some few things from the 90s, but let me tell you, in a very dirty way…
Someone who’s born in 2003 or idk, can’t feel this pack. It’s nonsense. How would you remember things you didn’t experience?
Here are some of the cards:
90s Nostalgia Pack Card List
- Sunny D! Alright!
- A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, and my libido.
- Jerking off to a 10-second RealMedia clip.
- Deregulating the mortgage market.
- The Y2K bug.
- Wearing Nicolas Cage’s face.
- Stabbing the shit out of a Capri Sun.
- Kurt Cobain’s death.
- Freeing Willy.
- Liking big butts and not being able to lie about it.
- The Great Cornholio.
- Pure Moods, Vol. 1.
- Yelling “girl power!” and doing a high kick.
- Pamela Anderson’s boobs running in slow motion.
- Siskel and Ebert have panned ___________ as “poorly conceived” and “sloppily executed.”
- Up next on Nickelodeon: “Clarissa Explains _________”
- I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m ___________.
- How did Stella get her groove back?
- Believe it or not, Jim Carrey can do a dead-on impression of ___________.
4. 2000s Nostalgia Pack – $5.00
It’s time for the 2000s… These packs are just black, shiny and pretty simple.
But, the inside is way more creative. Don’t judge the book by its cover dude!
You already know that this requires the main game. How can you play a game with only 30 cards? That’s right, you can’t.
This pack is all about your memories, the things that happened starting from the year of 2000.
The 2000s Nostalgia Pack includes these cards:
5. Dad Pack – $5.00
- 30 Cards;
- 24 White Cards & Black Ones;
- Dad Jokes;
- The Perfect Gift For Your Dad.
We usually take care for the mothers day, we buy gifts for them, but what about our dads?! They deserve some fun as well.
The phrases in the cards are just amazing. With white cards like: Going bald, divorce, making the printer work, emotional unavailability, and lots more, and black cards just like: Whaddya think, money grows on trees? I’m not paying for _______,Hey kids I’m Konor’s dad, but you can call me Mr.________., etc, you get that this is the perfect game to have fun with your lovely dad.
Note: Not every card is the same as the ones I just showed you, some can be inappropriate if you’re not very close with your dad.
Dads, make your fatherhood cool with this game!
6. Period Pack – $5.00
- 30 Cards;
- A Special Pack For The Girls;
- Often Comes With A Pad And A Heart Shaped Chocolate.
Boys, nothing against you, but close your eyes for now, or just skip this pack. This is not the one for you. Sorry not sorry!
Finally, a good thing about periods. Finally!
This is a pack for all the girls who want to have fun. It feels like this game gets us, feels us. A special pack for the most beautiful gender (someone had to say it).
Here are some of the cards for my girls:
The cutest game. PERIOD.
7. Theatre Pack – $5.00
- 30 Cards;
- 25 White Cards & 5 Black Cards;
- Theatre Themed;
- Meant To Add To The Main Game.
Artists! Artists! Artists! Your time has come.
Just when you think Cards Against Humanity can’t get better, you find out about the Theatre Pack.
You should actually have some basic knowledge on art and theater if you wanna get the jokes.
We know you love spoilers, check some of the cards:
Enjoy it, drama queens!
Conclusion of CAH Expanions & Packs
Dear amazing Cards Against Humanity lovers & dear readers!
We made this article to make it easier for you, if you want to get another expansion for your deck. That’s how you don’t have to do much research, you have them all in one place.
We chose our favourite expansions & themed packs, and tried to include different contents. For the best choice, make sure to follow our buying tips.
Till the next article, enjoy this, you funny horrible people!